Differences Between the 2017 Kia Forte and Forte5
Car makers like Kia have been bringing to market many sensational styled cars that are loved by Kia fans for years. This year is no different, Kia is ready to launch the 2017 Kia Forte5, the latest edition to the Forte series. If you’re curious about what the differences are between the Kia Forte5 and the Forte, here are points of comparison to help.
First, let’s dig into some features about Forte and then we will move on to the Forte5.
The 2017 Kia Forte is loved by many due to its exceptional number of features. For someone on a budget looking for affordability, the Forte is the perfect compact car for low budgets. It’s packed with features that many expensive cars don’t have.
- All models come with a 2.0L powertrain engine.
- Inspired by the 2016 Optima, the Forte has a wider nose connecting the headlights giving it a unique look.
- There are three different trim options, LX, which is the base model, S, which is the new sporty version and the third option is EX, which contains LED taillights and Smart Keys.
- The S and EX models come with different features, such as a 7-inch touch screen which can be connected to your phone in order to control your phone operations while driving.
- A new technological feature is Dynamic Bending Light that instead of headlights fixed shining straight ahead are designed to turn as the steering wheel turns to help illuminate what’s around curves and corners.
- The Forte contains superb safety measures such as front collision warning system, lane keep assist and blind spot detection making sure a person can feel safe.
- The gas mileage is great as well, so tight budgets don’t have to worry about stopping for gas that often.
- There is ample an ample amount of passenger and cargo space with room for five and a good amount of cargo.
The 2017 Kia Forte5
Kia Forte5 comes with the same features as the Forte, but the big visual difference is it’s a hatchback body style.
- With the hatchback, there is added storage capacity increasing the number from 14.9 cubic feet to 23.2 cubic feet of storage.
- Also exclusive to the Forte5 is it can be equipped with a special engine in the SX trim level. It’s powered by a turbocharged 1.6 liter four cylinder engine. Giving it 201 horsepower and 195 feet-pound of torque.
- The engine can be paired with a six-speed manual transmission or seven-speed dual-clutch automated manual.
The biggest differences are the body style, price range, engine performance, fuel economy, and cargo space. It all depends on what you’re looking for, sporty or family car.
To find out for sure, come test drive a Forte today here at Kia of East Syracuse. Located in East Syracuse, NY and nearby Syracuse, Fulton and Auburn.
This entry was posted in Kia of East Syracuse and tagged 2017 Kia Forte, 2017 Kia Forte5, Kia dealer, Syracuse NY on 03/28/2017 at 3:31 PM